Many people don’t know and don’t understand all that is involved in family caregiving, which can make it seem like a lonely and thankless job. This Valentine’s Day, take time to show your love and appreciation for the caregiver in your life. Here are a few suggestions:
1. Offer respite care for a day or night out.
2. Offer to run an errand for the caregiver.
3. Gift a home-cooked meal.
5. Share a cup of coffee.
6. Show love to the caree by helping around his/her home.
7. Show love to the caree by spending some quality time with him/her.
8. Call her up and tell her how much she’s appreciated.
9.Send a greeting card.
10. Send an e-card.
11. Gift a membership to a gym or fitness club.
12. Donate a few hours to help with household chores.
13. Offer a listening ear or shoulder to cry on.
14. Ask what you can do to help or lighten her load.