- Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 18.
- Note to Users Outside of the United States. Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
- Data Collection. Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
- Information You Provide to Us.
- If you are a Care Provider, when you create an account to log in to our Site, we may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, birthdate, social security number, driver’s license number, criminal history, ethnicity, gender, religion, email and mailing address, phone number, work experience, salary/income, professional license numbers, education, interests, hobbies, professional and personal references, profile picture, professional skills and abilities, life style information, schedule availability, music preferences and bank information to facilitate direct deposit of earnings.
- If you are a Care Seeker, when you create an account to log in to our Site, we may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, birthdate, gender, religion, email and mailing address, phone number, care services needed, health conditions, activities, profile picture, interests, music preferences and credit card information to facilitate payment processing.
- If you are a Member other than a Care Provider or Care Seeker, such as a family member or healthcare provider, when you create an account to log in to our Site, we may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, birthdate, social security number, driver’s license number, criminal history, ethnicity, gender, religion, email and mailing address, phone number, work experience, salary/income, professional license numbers, education, interests, hobbies, professional and personal references, profile picture, professional skills and abilities, life style information, schedule availability, music preferences, care services needed and health conditions.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you post messages or upload content within our Site (including in the Caregivers by Wholecare Forum), the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users to whom you provide access, will be able to see it.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services.
- We may also collect Personal Data, at such other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
Please note that you can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may limit the features of the Site or Services you are able to use.
- Information Collected via Technology.
- To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- We may also use (i) third party tracking services, such as Google Analytics, to track and analyze Anonymous Data from users of our Site and Services and (ii) location-enabled services for Care Providers as a means to facilitate time card data. If you use the location-enabled services, Caregivers by Wholecare may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device or via your web browser when on the Site).
- Information Collected from Others About You. Other Caregivers by Wholecare Members may provide us Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you through our Site or the Services. Examples include when a Care Seeker posts feedback regarding a Care Provider or when another Caregivers by Wholecare Member (including a Care Seeker’s healthcare provider) submits health information to the Caregivers by Wholecare Forum.
- Information Collected from Third Party Companies. We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from companies that assist Caregivers by Wholecare in providing the Services, such as BackgroundsOnline, or companies that offer their products and/or services on our Site. These third party companies may supply us with your Personal Data. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to provide and improve the Services.
- Use of Your Personal Data
- General Use. In general, Personal Data collected by us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We may use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- to facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- run a background check and verify your credentials (if you are a Care Provider);
- provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- provide the Services and customer support you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- tailor the features, performance and support of the Site or Services to you;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- respond to your requests, resolve disputes and/or troubleshoot problems;
- to make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback;
- to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our
Services and for other marketing purposes of Caregivers by Wholecare;
- customize the advertising you may see on the Site or through the Services;
- collect and/or distribute money; and
- Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. Caregivers by Wholecare reserves the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its sole discretion.
- Other Caregivers by Wholecare Members. We may share your Personal Data with third parties to whom you ask us to send Personal Information, including other Caregivers by Wholecare members. Unless you direct us to provide access to your Personal Data via your “Privacy Settings” or otherwise, we do not disclose the Personal Data of any Care Seeker or Care Provider to any another Caregivers by Wholecare Member. We do, however, provide other Members with the opportunity to communicate with you through an anonymous in-browser message box. If you respond to any in-browser message, you will be providing the recipient your email address.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to Caregivers by Wholecare. Examples of such third party service providers include companies that administer background checks of Care Providers and companies that process payments from both Care Providers and Care Seekers. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Caregivers by Wholecare.
- Third Party Data Collection.
- Information Collected by Ad Networks. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Site. These companies may collect and use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services to you.
- Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data
- Choices. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data.
- We will periodically send you free newsletters and e-mails that directly promote the use of our Site or Services. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by contacting us directly (please see contact information below).
- Changes to Personal Data. You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by editing your profile within your account or by contacting us directly. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud or similar purposes. Please remember, however, if we have already disclosed some of your Personal Data to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Data any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures.
- Security of Your Personal Data. Caregivers by Wholecare is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your account information. Please do not disclose your account password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Caregivers by Wholecare uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, Caregivers by Wholecare cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Contact Information. Caregivers by Wholecare welcomes your comments or questions regarding this Privacy
Policy. Please e-mail us at support@CaregiversbyWholecare.com or contact us at the following address or phone number:
Caregivers by Wholecare Inc.
Attn: Privacy Matters
250 King Street San Francisco, CA 94107